Weston Backwoods Carbon 2020 Snowboard
The Backwoods Carbon snowboard brings ultralight durability to a board renowned for it’s ability to tackle tight trees, deep pow, and steep bowls. Featuring a pow centric, Directional Multi Radial Camber-Rocker profile with a wide nose, narrow tail, Carbon Weave Layup, Electra Sintered Base and our Strike Wood Core - the Backwoods floats effortlessly in powder, is nimble in tight trees, is stiff enough to hold an edge through chatter and crud, and is fast enough to keep you on top all day long.
- Strike Wood Core - This is our most high-tec and lightweight snowboard core infusing vertical aluminum stringers and lightweight paulownia wood laminated at 45 degrees to further increase strength.
- Vertical Aluminum - Aluminum is laminated between wood stringers to provide added strength and dampening.
- Carbon Weave - Multi-axis carbon fiber replaces fiberglass to create a lightweight, yet responsive topsheet.
- Directional Multi-Radial Camber Rocker - A gradual increase from the nose to a more aggressive camber radius in the tail provides better pop/dampening on drops and control on bigger lines while reverse camber in the tip and tail help to keep you afloat.
- Electra Sintered Base - Carbon additives distribute static friction across the base, creating a more even film of water to glide on and our fastest base.
- UHMW PE Sidewalls - Highly durable sidewall that protects the snowboard's core from impact and increases torsional stability.
- Stitched Tips - Our tip and tail spacers are stitched to the core to provide added durability.
- 1% For the Planet - 1% of our total sales goes to offset our carbon footprint and donate substantially to the National Forest Foundation.