ALL MOUNTAIN SHOWDOWN TEAM REGISTRATION
Everyone at Baker rips, or at least think they do. This is your chance to show it.
For the third year in a row, our permitting got denied on our biggest annual event of the year, the Boardworks Box Jam (thanks Covid). As a result, we've decided to put the entire budget into an epic contest instead. The All Mountain showdown is a new spin on the iconic "All City Showdown" skate contest, and the concept is simple. 3 riders, 1 filmer, and 1 month to put together the best footage you can. Whoever throws down the winning edit gets the cash and the glory. It doesn't matter if you board, if you ski, or what your style is. Let your riding do the talking and your community will crown the winner.
****WE NEED A MINIMUM OF 6 TEAMS TO REGISTER. If we do not have at least 6 teams register, Boardworks Tech Shop reserves the right to cancel the contest. If the contest is canceled all registered teams will receive a full refund.****
1. ***Thoroughly read the rules***
2. Complete the registration form by clicking the link below. Team members/registration cannot be changed after submission.
3. Pay your $75 team registration fee. Registration fee AND form must be submitted by 2/28/2022.
4. Pickup your team's All Mountain Showdown materials at Boardworks Tech Shop.
- Each team is allowed a MAXIMUM of 3 Riders. You are also allowed 1 designated filmer. The designated filmer is NOT allowed to be an additional rider in the edit. If the team doesn't have a dedicated filmer and the riders want to film themselves, that is totally fine.
- Team members are not allowed to ride or film on any other team.
- Teams may be composed of boarders or skiers, or a combination of both.
- Thow shalt not monoski.
Submission Deadlines and Requirements:
- Team registration deadline is 2/28/2022.
- All filming must take place between 3/1/2022 and 3/31/2022. Every clip must have the official ALL MOUNTAIN SHOWDOWN card shown at the beginning of the clip to prove that the clips were filmed after 3/1/2022. We will provide each team with this card.
- All raw (unedited) video clips must be submitted by 4/07/2022. Only the clips that were filmed between 3/1/2022 and 3/31/2022 may be submitted.
- Your team has one month to finish editing your clips. The final edit submission deadline is 5/07/22.
- NO footage included in the edit can be shared, used, or distributed in any way by the teams BEFORE October 1st. Sharing any of the content in your video before October 1st, 2022 WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION WITHOUT A REFUND.
- ALL FOOTAGE MUST BE FILMED AT THE MT. BAKER SKI AREA OR MT. BAKER BACKCOUNTRY (10 MILE RADIUS).
All final video edits must ALL BE 3 MINUTES LONG. Not five minutes, not two minutes, THREE MINUTES! We will allow 10 seconds plus or minus if needed.
- The Boardworks Tech Shop logo animation and All Mountain Showdown graphic will be added to all submitted edits by Boardworks Tech Shop.
DISTRIBUTION OF MEDIA
All competing videos will be posted to the Boardworks Tech Shop Youtube channel on September 1st, 2022. Once posted, teams are allowed and encouraged to share, repost, distribute their team's video, and direct people to vote for their video on the official All Mountain Showdown voting page.
- Voting will officially close at the end of September and winners will be announced on October 1st, 2022. At that time, all footage can be used, re-used, and/or distributed however participants like. We just don't want the footage shared in any way before the contest is over.
- Boardworks Tech Shop has the right to use all footage submitted for All Mountain Showdown in ANY way related to the All Mountain Showdown competition. There is no time limit on how long Boardworks can use footage submitted for All Mountain Showdown. For example, we plan to keep all of the All Mountain Showdown videos on the Boardworks Tech Shop Youtube Channel indefinitely, make teaser videos for current and future All mountain Showdowns, make content to promote All Mountain Showdown on boardworkstechshop.com , etc. .
Refunds / Cancellations:
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN ONCE REGISTERED. MAKE SURE TO HAVE YOUR TEAM FINALIZED AND COMMITTED BEFORE REGISTERING.
BEST VIDEO (VIEWERS' CHOICE) | $2,000
The edit that receives the most votes via the official All Mountain Showdown Viewers Choice page between September 1st and September 30th wins the first-place prize of $2000 CASH! Make sure to share your edit around and get votes!
GNARLIEST LINE (JUDGES' CHOICE) | $300
A panel of three industry experts will choose the gnarliest line ridden out of all the edits submitted. That individual rider will win $300 CASH.
SCARIEST DROP / GAP (JUDGES' CHOICE) | $200
A panel of three industry experts will choose the scariest drop or gap sent out of all the edits submitted. That individual rider will win $200 CASH.
BEST TRICK (JUDGES' CHOICE) | $100
A panel of three industry experts will choose the best trick out of all the edits submitted. That individual rider will win $100 CASH.
WORST SLAM (BOARDWORKS' CHOICE) | $69
We will choose the worst slam of all the edits submitted. This individual rider will win $69 CASH.